Saturday, November 22, 2014
Week 10 (Book 5): Reviewing the Second Week of Kislev - Psalms 28-30; 41:9-11; 89:11
1. By David. I call to You, O Lord; my Strength, do not be deaf to me; for should You be silent to me, I will be like those who descend to the pit. 2. Hear the sound of my pleas when I cry out to You, when I raise my hands toward Your holy Sanctuary. 3. Do not draw me along with the wicked, with evildoers who speak of peace with their companions, though evil is in their heart. 4. Give them according to their deeds, and the evil of their endeavors; give them according to their handiwork, render to them their just deserts. 5. For they pay no heed to the acts of the Lord, nor to the work of His hands; may He destroy them and not rebuild them. 6. Blessed is the Lord, for He has heard the voice of my pleas. 7. The Lord is my strength and my shield; in Him my heart trusted and I was helped; my heart exulted, and with my song I praised Him. 8. The Lord is a strength to them; He is a stronghold of deliverance to His anointed. 9. Grant salvation to Your people and bless Your heritage; tend them and exalt them forever.
1. A psalm by David. Render to the Lord, children of the mighty, render to the Lord honor and strength. 2. Render to the Lord the honor due to His Name; bow down to the Lord in resplendent holiness. 3. The voice of the Lord is over the waters, the G-d of glory thunders; the Lord is over mighty waters. 4. The voice of the Lord resounds with might; the voice of the Lord resounds with majesty. 5. The voice of the Lord breaks cedars; the Lord shatters the cedars of Lebanon. 6. He makes them leap like a calf, Lebanon and Sirion like a young wild ox. 7. The voice of the Lord strikes flames of fire. 8. The voice of the Lord makes the desert tremble; the Lord causes the desert of Kadesh to tremble. 9. The voice of the Lord causes the does to calve, and strips the forests bare; and in His Sanctuary all proclaim His glory. 10. The Lord sat [as King] at the Flood; the Lord will sit as King forever. 11. The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.
1. A psalm, a song of dedication of the House, by David. 2. I exalt You, Lord, for You have uplifted me, and did not allow my enemies to rejoice over me. 3. Lord, my G-d, I cried out to You, and You healed me. 4. Lord, You have brought up my soul from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not descend to the pit. 5. Sing to the Lord, you His pious ones, and praise His holy Name. 6. For His wrath endures but for a moment, when He is conciliated there is [long] life; when one retires at night weeping, joy will come in the morning. 7. In my security I thought, "I shall never falter.” 8. Lord, by Your favor You have made my mountain stand strong; when You concealed Your countenance I was alarmed. 9. I called to You, O Lord, and I made supplication to my Lord: 10. What profit is there in my death, in my going down to the grave? Can dust praise You? Can it proclaim Your truth 11. Lord, hear and be gracious to me; Lord, be a help to me. 12. You have turned my mourning into dancing; You have undone my sackcloth and girded me with joy. 13. Therefore my soul shall sing to You, and not be silent; Lord my G-d, I will praise You forever.
9. "Let his wickedness pour into him; now that he lies down, he shall rise no more.” 10. Even my ally in whom I trusted, who ate of my bread, has raised his heel over me. 11. But you, Lord, be gracious to me and raise me up, and I will repay them.
11. You crushed Rahav (Egypt) like a corpse; with Your powerful arm You scattered Your enemies.
DOWNLOAD A FREE COPY OF PEREK SHIRAH HERE!
- ► 2017 (120)
- ► 2016 (37)
- ► 2015 (31)
- Jerusalem in the Parasha, the Torah Portion of Vay...
- Week 10 (Book 2): Samuel and Purity
- Week 10 (Book 3): Noah and Seeking Comfort, Compas...
- Week 10 (Book 4a): Prayer out of Fear of G-d
- Week 10 (Book 4b): Connecting to Holiness
- Week 10 (Book 5): Reviewing the Second Week of Kis...
- Table for 32 Paths of Wisdom, Sixteen 22-Day Cycle...
- David in the Parasha, the Torah Portion of Toldot
- Week 9 (Book 2): Choosing Joy
- Week 9 (Book 3): Lamech and Avoiding Greek Traps
- Week 9 (Book 4a): Enclothed in Humility
- Week 9 (Book 4b): Beloved
- Week 9 (Book 5): Reviewing the Last Week of Cheshv...
- The Four Exiles in the Parasha, the Torah Portion ...
- Uriel in the Parasha, the Torah Portion of Vayerah...
- Efraim and Menashe in the Parasha: Underpromising,...
- Miriam in the Parasha: Fixing Mankind and the Tora...
- Week 8 (Book 5): Reviewing the Fourth Week of Ches...
- Week 8 (Book 4b): Lovesick
- Week 8 (Book 4a): Rejoicing with Creation
- Week 8 (Book 3): Methuselah and Affirming Life
- Week 8 (Book 2): Humility is Key
- Joseph and Judah in the Parasha, the Torah Portion...
- Week 7 (Book 2): Hearing the Cry of Rachel
- Week 7 (Book 3): More References to Rachel
- Week 7 (Book 4a): Elevating (and Being Elevated) b...
- Week 7 (Book 4b): Love and the Temple
- Week 7 (Book 5): Reviewing the Third Week of Chesh...
- ▼ November (28)