Tonight in the Weekly Cycle
Sunday, November 9, 2014
Week 7 (Book 6): Reviewing the Third Week of Cheshvan - Psalms 19-21; 32:10-11 & 41:1-2; 89:8
1. For the Conductor, a psalm by David. 2. The heavens recount the glory of the Almighty; the sky proclaims His handiwork. 3. Day to day speech streams forth; night to night expresses knowledge.4. There is no utterance, there are no words; their voice is inaudible. 5. Their arc extends throughout the world; their message to the end of the earth. He set in them [the heavens] a tent for the sun, 6. which is like a groom coming forth from his bridal canopy, like a strong man rejoicing to run the course. 7. Its rising is at one end of the heavens, and its orbit encompasses the other ends; nothing is hidden from its heat. 8. The Torah of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; the testimony of the Lord is trustworthy, making wise the simpleton. 9. The precepts of the Lord are just, rejoicing the heart; the command of the Lord is clear, enlightening the eyes. 10. The fear of the Lord is pure, abiding forever; the judgments of the Lord are true, they are all righteous together. 11. They are more desirable than gold, than much fine gold; sweeter than honey or the drippings of honeycomb. 12. Indeed, Your servant is scrupulous with them; in observing them there is abundant reward. 13. Yet who can discern inadvertent wrongs? Purge me of hidden sins. 14. Also hold back Your servant from willful sins; let them not prevail over me; then I will be unblemished and keep myself clean of gross transgression. 15. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable before You, Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer.
1. For the Conductor, a psalm by David. 2. May the Lord answer you on the day of distress; may the Name of the G-d of Jacob fortify you. 3. May He send your help from the Sanctuary, and support you from Zion. 4. May He remember all your offerings, and always accept favorably your sacrifices. 5. May He grant you your heart's desire, and fulfill your every counsel. 6. We will rejoice in your deliverance, and raise our banners in the name of our G-d; may the Lord fulfill all your wishes. 7. Now I know that the Lord has delivered His anointed one, answering him from His holy heavens with the mighty saving power of His right hand. 8.Some [rely] upon chariots and some upon horses, but we [rely upon and] invoke the Name of the Lord our G-d. 9. They bend and fall, but we rise and stand firm. 10. Lord, deliver us; may the King answer us on the day we call.
1. For the Conductor, a psalm by David. 2. The king rejoices in Your strength, Lord; how greatly he exults in Your deliverance! 3.You have given him his heart's desire, and You have never withheld the utterance of his lips. 4. You preceded him with blessings of good; You placed a crown of pure gold on his head.5. He asked of You life, You gave it to him-long life, forever and ever. 6. His glory is great in Your deliverance; You have placed majesty and splendor upon him. 7. For You make him a blessing forever; You gladden him with the joy of Your countenance. 8. For the king trusts in the Lord, and in the kindness of the Most High-that he will not falter. 9. Your hand will suffice for all Your enemies; Your right hand will find those who hate You. 10. You will make them as a fiery furnace at the time of Your anger. May the Lord consume them in His wrath; let a fire devour them. 11. Destroy their offspring from the earth, their descendants from mankind.12. For they intended evil against You, they devised evil plans which they cannot execute. 13. For You will set them as a portion apart; with Your bowstring You will aim at their faces. 14. Be exalted, O Lord, in Your strength; we will sing and chant the praise of Your might.
10. Many are the agonies of the wicked, but he who trusts in the Lord is surrounded by kindness. 11. Rejoice in the Lord and exult, you righteous ones! Sing joyously, all you upright of heart!
1. For the Conductor, a psalm by David. 2. Fortunate is he who is thoughtful of the poor, [for] the Lord will save him on the day of evil.
8. The Almighty is revered in the great assembly of the holy ones, awe-inspiring to all who surround Him.
Posted by Kahane at 5:06 AM
DOWNLOAD A FREE COPY OF PEREK SHIRAH HERE!
- ► 2019 (60)
- ► 2018 (56)
- ► 2017 (54)
- ► 2016 (54)
- ► 2015 (54)
- ▼ November (5)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (43)