PSALMS (Introductions and Translations from Chabad.org):
1. A song of ascents, by David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is when brothers dwell together. 2. Like the precious oil [placed] upon the head, flowing [in abundance] down the beard, the beard of Aaron which rests upon his garments. 3. Like the dew of Hermon which comes down upon the mountains of Zion, for there the Lord has commanded blessing, life unto eternity.
The psalmist exhorts the scholarly and pious to rise from their beds at night, and go to the House of G-d.
1. A song of ascents. Behold: Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord who stand in the House of the Lord in the nights. 2. Lift up your hands in holiness and bless the Lord. 3. May the Lord, Who makes heaven and earth, bless you from Zion.
1. Praise the Lord! Praise the Name of the Lord; offer praise, you servants of the Lord- 2. who stand in the House of the Lord, in the courtyards of the House of our G-d. 3. Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing to His Name, for He is pleasant. 4. For G-d has chosen Jacob for Himself, Israel as His beloved treasure. 5. For I know that the Lord is great, our Master is greater than all supernal beings. 6. All that the Lord desired He has done, in the heavens and on earth, in the seas and the depths. 7. He causes mists to rise from the ends of the earth; He makes lightning for the rain; He brings forth the wind from His vaults. 8. It was He who struck down the firstborn of Egypt, of man and beast. 9. He sent signs and wonders into the midst of Egypt, on Pharaoh and on all his servants. 10. It was He who struck down many nations, and slew mighty kings: 11. Sichon, king of the Amorites; Og, king of Bashan; and all the kingdoms of Canaan. 12. And He gave their lands as a heritage, a heritage to His people Israel. 13. Lord, Your Name is forever; Lord, Your remembrance is throughout all generations. 14. Indeed, the Lord will judge on behalf of His people, and have compassion on His servants. 15. The idols of the nations are silver and gold, the product of human hands. 16. They have a mouth, but cannot speak; they have eyes, but cannot see; 17. they have ears, but cannot hear; nor is there breath in their mouth. 18. Like them will their makers become-all who trust in them. 19. House of Israel, bless the Lord; House of Aaron, bless the Lord; 20. House of Levi, bless the Lord; you who fear the Lord, bless the Lord. 21. Blessed is the Lord from Zion, who dwells in Jerusalem. Praise the Lord!
36. And He smote every firstborn in their land, the first of all their strength.
37. And He took them out with silver and gold, and there was no pauper among their tribes.
38. Egypt rejoiced with their departure for their fear had fallen upon them.
46. You have shortened the days of his youth; You have enwrapped him with shame forever.