Sunday, November 16, 2014
Week 9 (Book 5): Reviewing the Last Week of Cheshvan / Week of Rosh Chodesh Kislev - Psalms 25-27; 41:6-8; 89:10
1. By David. To You, Lord, I lift my soul. 2. My G-d, I have put my trust in You. May I not be put to shame; may my enemies not gloat over me. 3. Indeed, may all who hope in You not be put to shame; let those who act treacherously without reason be shamed. 4. O Lord, make Your ways known to me; teach me Your paths. 5. Train me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the G-d of my salvation; I yearn for You all day. 6. O Lord, remember Your mercies and Your kindnesses, for they have existed for all time. 7. Do not recall the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; remember me in accordance with Your kindness, because of Your goodness, O Lord. 8. Good and upright is the Lord, therefore He directs sinners along the way. 9. He guides the humble with justice, and teaches the humble His way. 10. All the paths of the Lord are kindness and truth for those who observe His covenant and testimonies. 11. For the sake of Your Name, O Lord, pardon my iniquity, for it is great. 12. Whoever is a G-d-fearing man, him will He teach the path that he should choose. 13. His soul will abide in well-being, and his descendants will inherit the earth. 14. The secret of the Lord is to those who fear Him; He makes His covenant known to them. 15. My eyes are always turned to the Lord, for He releases my feet from the snare. 16. Turn to me and be compassionate to me, for I am alone and afflicted. 17. The sufferings of my heart have increased; deliver me from my hardships. 18. Behold my affliction and suffering, and forgive all my sins. 19. See how numerous my enemies have become; they hate me with a violent hatred. 20. Guard my soul and deliver me; may I not be put to shame, for I place my trust in You. 21. Let integrity and uprightness guard me, for my hope is in You. 22. Redeem Israel, O G-d, from all its afflictions.
1. By David. Judge me, O Lord, for in my innocence I have walked, and in the Lord I have trusted-I shall not falter. 2. Try me, O Lord, and test me; refine my mind and heart. 3. For Your kindness is before my eyes, and I have walked constantly in Your truth. 4. I did not sit with men of falsehood, and with hypocrites I will not mingle. 5. I detested the company of evildoers, and with the wicked I will not sit. 6. I wash my hands in purity, and circle Your altar, O Lord, 7. to give voice to thanks, and to recount all Your wonders. 8. I love the shelter of Your House, O Lord, and the place where Your glory resides. 9. Gather not in my soul with sinners, nor my life with men of bloodshed, 10. In whose hands are schemes, and whose right hand is filled with bribes. 11. But I walk in my innocence; redeem me and show me favor. 12. My foot stands on level ground; in assemblies I will bless the Lord.
1. By David. The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life-whom shall I dread? 2. When evildoers approached me to devour my flesh, my oppressors and my foes, they stumbled and fell. 3. If an army were to beleaguer me, my heart would not fear; if war were to arise against me, in this I trust. 4. One thing I have asked of the Lord, this I seek: that I may dwell in the House of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the pleasantness of the Lord, and to visit His Sanctuary. 5. For He will hide me in His tabernacle on a day of adversity; He will conceal me in the hidden places of His tent; He will lift me upon a rock. 6. And then my head will be raised above my enemies around me, and I will offer in His tabernacle sacrifices of jubilation; I will sing and chant to the Lord. 7. Lord, hear my voice as I call; be gracious to me and answer me. 8. In Your behalf my heart says, "Seek My countenance"; Your countenance, Lord, I seek. 9. Do not conceal Your countenance from me; do not cast aside Your servant in wrath. You have been my help; do not abandon me nor forsake me, G-d of my deliverance. 10. Though my father and mother have forsaken me, the Lord has taken me in. 11. Lord, teach me Your way and lead me in the path of righteousness, because of my watchful enemies. 12. Do not give me over to the will of my oppressors, for there have risen against me false witnesses, and they speak evil. 13. [They would have crushed me] had I not believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 14. Hope in the Lord, be strong and let your heart be valiant, and hope in the Lord.
6. My foes say that evil [awaits] me: "When will he die, and his name perish?” 7. And if one comes to see [me], he speaks insincerely, for his heart gathers iniquity for himself, and when he goes out he speaks of it. 8. Together they whisper against me-all my enemies; against me they devise my harm, [saying]:
10. You rule the vastness of the sea; when its waves surge, You still them.
DOWNLOAD A FREE COPY OF PEREK SHIRAH HERE!
- ► 2017 (137)
- ► 2016 (38)
- ► 2015 (31)
- Jerusalem in the Parasha, the Torah Portion of Vay...
- Week 10 (Book 2): Samuel and Purity
- Week 10 (Book 3): Noah and Seeking Comfort, Compas...
- Week 10 (Book 4a): Prayer out of Fear of G-d
- Week 10 (Book 4b): Connecting to Holiness
- Week 10 (Book 5): Reviewing the Second Week of Kis...
- Table for 32 Paths of Wisdom, Sixteen 22-Day Cycle...
- David in the Parasha, the Torah Portion of Toldot
- Week 9 (Book 2): Choosing Joy
- Week 9 (Book 3): Lamech and Avoiding Greek Traps
- Week 9 (Book 4a): Enclothed in Humility
- Week 9 (Book 4b): Beloved
- Week 9 (Book 5): Reviewing the Last Week of Cheshv...
- The Four Exiles in the Parasha, the Torah Portion ...
- Uriel in the Parasha, the Torah Portion of Vayerah...
- Efraim and Menashe in the Parasha: Underpromising,...
- Miriam in the Parasha: Fixing Mankind and the Tora...
- Week 8 (Book 5): Reviewing the Fourth Week of Ches...
- Week 8 (Book 4b): Lovesick
- Week 8 (Book 4a): Rejoicing with Creation
- Week 8 (Book 3): Methuselah and Affirming Life
- Week 8 (Book 2): Humility is Key
- Joseph and Judah in the Parasha, the Torah Portion...
- Week 7 (Book 2): Hearing the Cry of Rachel
- Week 7 (Book 3): More References to Rachel
- Week 7 (Book 4a): Elevating (and Being Elevated) b...
- Week 7 (Book 4b): Love and the Temple
- Week 7 (Book 5): Reviewing the Third Week of Chesh...
- ▼ November (28)