Saturday, February 11, 2017
Shabbat, Tu B'Shvat, 5777
Sefirot Combination (Cycles of Seven Weeks):
4th day of Week 20 and the 39th day of the cycle of Tiferet (Balance/Beauty), Netzach shebeYesod shebeTiferet, Victory/Endurance within Foundation within Balance/Beauty.
Alef-Bet/Psalms (Cycles of 22 days):
5th day of the 7th cycle. Heh within Mem and Nun:
Of the majesty of the glory of Your splendor and the words of Your wonders I shall speak.
הֲדַר כְּבוֹד הוֹדֶךָ וְדִבְרֵי נִפְלְאֹתֶיךָ אָשִׂיחָה:
Remove my disgrace, which I feared, for Your judgments are good.
הַעֲבֵר חֶרְפָּתִי אֲשֶׁר יָגֹרְתִּי כִּי מִשְׁפָּטֶיךָ טוֹבִים:
And the Lord said to Moses, Pass before the people and take with you [some] of the elders of Israel, and take into your hand your staff, with which you struck the Nile, and go.
Pass before the people: And see whether they stone you. Why have you slandered My children?-[from Tanchuma Beshallach 22]
and take with you [some] of the elders of Israel: for testimony, so that they shall witness that through you the water comes out of the rock, and they [the Israelites] will not say that there were water fountains there from days of yore. — [from Mechilta]
your staff, with which you struck the Nile: Why must Scripture state "with which you struck the Nile"? [To point out what] the Israelites were saying about the staff, [namely] that it was ready only for retribution. With it, Pharaoh and the Egyptians were smitten with many plagues, both in Egypt and by the sea. Therefore, it is stated: “with which you struck the Nile.” Now they will see that it [the staff] is ready for good as well. — [from Mechilta, Exod. Rabbah 26:2]
12. I remember the deeds of Yah, when I remember Your wonders of long ago.
13. I meditate on all Your works, and speak of Your deeds.
14. O God, Your way is in sanctity; what god is as great as God?
15. You are the God Who works wonders; You make Your might known among the nations.
16. You redeemed Your people with a mighty arm, the children of Jacob and Joseph, Selah.
In fact, when confronting tzaddikim, from whose face the Divine image never departs, the evil beasts are humbled before them, as is stated in the Zohar concerning Daniel in the lions’ den.
It is thus clear that he who sins and transgresses against G‑d’s Will even in a minor offense, is, at the time he commits it, completely removed from the Divine Holiness, meaning G‑d’s unity and oneness,even more so than all the unclean creatures, the vermin and the reptiles which derive their sustenance from the sitra achra and the kelipah of avodah zarah.
Maintain awareness of this significant general principle: When a person acquires movable property, he acquires it, if he establishes the price and afterwards lifts up the article. If first he lifts it up and puts it down, and then a price is established afterwards, he does not acquire it because he lifted it up at the outset. Instead, it is only when he lifts it up after a price is established, or performs meshichah on an object that is not ordinarily lifted up.
When an object that has a standard and known price is sold, and the purchaser lifts it up, he acquires it, even though he and the seller agree on the price only after he lifts it up. Similarly, with regard to other means through which movable property is acquired. The acquisition must be made after the price of the article is established, unless there is a standard price for the article, as has been explained.
When the second part of Torah Or was about to be printed, Chassidim knew that the Tzemach Tzedek had written glosses and commentaries on the maamarim. They pleaded with him to publish these with the maamarim, but he refused. He then dreamt that his grandfather, the Alter Rebbe, visited him and asked him to publish them, but he revealed this to no one. Only after three of his sons had the same dream and reported this to him did he agree to have his glosses and commentary printed with the second part of Torah Or, which they now entitled "Likutei Torah."
MISHNA: If a resident wants to open a store in his courtyard, his neighborcan protest to prevent him from doing so and say to him: I am unable to sleep due to the sound of people entering the store and the sound of people exiting. But one may fashion utensils in his house and go out and sell themin the market, despite the fact that he is not allowed to set up a store in the courtyard, and the neighbor cannot protest against him doing so and say to him: I am unable to sleep due to the sound of the hammer you use to fashion utensils, nor can he say: I cannot sleep due to the sound of the mill that you use to grind, nor can he say: I cannot sleep due to the sound of the children. It is permitted for one to make reasonable use of his own home.
אמרת מרובה מדת הטוב ממדת [הפורענות] על אחת מחמש מאות במדת [הפורענות כתוב] (שמות לד) עון אבות על בנים ועל בני בנים על שלשים ועל רבעים במדת הטוב [כתוב] (שם) ועושה חסד לאלפים הוי אומר מרובה מדת הטוב ממדת [פורענות על אחד] מחמש מאות וכן אתה מוצא באברהם שבמדה שמדד בה מדדו לו
DOWNLOAD A FREE COPY OF PEREK SHIRAH HERE!
- Week 23 (From the Book): To Be Happy Even Without ...
- Eighth Set of 22 Days: Samech & Ayin, and the Star...
- Thursday, 27th of Shevat, 5777
- Wednesday, 26th of Shevat, 5777
- Week 22 (Book 2): Adar, Eliezer son of Dodavahu, a...
- Week 22 (From the Book): To Complement Each Other...
- Tuesday, 25th of Shevat, 5777
- Monday, 24th of Shevat, 5777
- Sunday, 23rd of Shevat, 5777
- Week 21 (From the Book): To Keep Things in Perspec...
- Tuesday, 18th of Shevat, 5777
- Monday, 17th of Shevat, 5777
- Sunday, 16th of Shevat, 5777
- Shabbat, Tu B'Shvat, 5777
- Friday, the 14th of Shevat, 5777
- Thursday, 13th of Shvat, 5777
- Wednesday, 12th of Shevat, 5777
- Week 20 (Book 2): Azariah and "Minimized" Sleep
- Week 20 (From the Book): To Be Solid and Giving in...
- Tuesday, 11th of Shvat
- Seventh Set of 22 Days: Mem & Nun, Sun and Moon
- Monday. 10th of Shevat, 5777
- Thursday, 6th of Shevat, 5777
- Week 19 (From the Book): To Feel that G-d is Close...
- Wednesday, the 5th of Shvat, 5777
- ▼ February (25)
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (339)