Wednesday, July 17, 2013
More on Week 44 (which ended yesterday), a Hint of What's to Come
Week 44 in the Jewish calendar is the week of Tisha B’Av, which marks the destruction of both the First and Second Temples, as well as the enormous destruction that took place at those times. The death and destruction is remembered every year, with fasting and other signs of intense mourning. It is also a day in which we remember all the tragedies that occurred in Jewish history, including the Holocaust.
The verse of Shir HaShirim is hauntingly related to such destruction. It speaks of death and the grave, and even of a “seal on your arm,” (like the numbers etched on the arms of the Holocaust victims), and a great fire (like the one that burned the Temples). Yet love is stronger than death! In the end, we survived, and the great flame of our people burns strongly still today.
DOWNLOAD A FREE COPY OF PEREK SHIRAH HERE!
- ► 2017 (126)
- ► 2016 (38)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (337)
- Week 47 (contd.): Mashiach Ben Yosef and Learning ...
- Week 47 (from the Book)
- Week 46 (contd.): Mordechai and the quality of "Li...
- Week 46 (From the Book)
- Week 45 in the Song of Songs
- Week 45 (contd.) Malachi and the quality of "Askin...
- Week 45 from the Book
- More on Week 44 (which ended yesterday), a Hint of...
- Week 44, Zechariah and Settling the Heart (contd.)...
- Kabbalah of Time, Week 44: Zechariah, Settling You...
- Kabbalah of Time, Week 44: the Mouse and Rabbi Neh...
- Haggai and Standing in Peace (Week 43 contd.)
- Week 43 (no video classes this week)
- ▼ July (13)